About Soy Wax
Soy wax is a 100% natural wax derived from vegetable soybeans. After they are harvested, the beans are cleaned, cracked, dehulled and then rolled into flakes. The exact steps to process soy wax are well protected and every producer may have their own secrets. The main step of making soy wax is hydrogenation. Hydrogenating is converting some of it’s fatty acids from unsaturated to saturated, which raises the melting point of the oil to where it is a solid at room temperature. The end result is then soy wax!
Around the world, there is a surging demand for soy and it is produced in both temperate and tropical regions. The U.S.A, Brazil and Argentina together produce 80% of the worlds soy. China imports the most soy and is expected to significantly increase its import of the commodity.
Soy wax has many environmental and health benefits and we love working with it. And most importantly, it creates a better preforming product!
We use a premium quality of pure 100% soy wax that is produced in Australia which is sustainably sourced.
REASONS WHY WE LOVE SOY WAX
- It is an entirely natural product that's safe for your skin, respiratory system and most importantly your home.
- Soy wax is clean burning and doesn't release any toxins, carcinogens or pollutants. Which means it is less likely to trigger allergies.
- It washes away easily with warm soapy water, which makes it easier for you to clean up any wax spillages. No more soaking with boiling water and trying to chip away at old wax on your burner.
- Soy wax is a renewable resource, meaning it is environmentally friendly and sustainable. Unlike paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum (crude oil) a refined gasoline product.
- Longer burning - soy wax has a lower melting point which means it burns up to 50% longer than paraffin blended wax melts, giving you more fragrance for longer.
- Soy wax burns with zero petro soot, where as paraffin burns with petro soot creating black oily marks and black smoke.